Is Your Home Safe?

Gas explosions happen thankfully very infrequently but events in Manchester, Cheshire and Cumbria have highlighted the need for residents to be mindful of safety and be prepared for winter.

The gas explosion highlighted flattened four terraced homes in Merlin Road, Irlam, Salford, Greater Manchester.
The devastating effects of the explosion were clear to see.

 

Gas Emergency Services

0800 111 999 (This is a 24 hour emergency line)

If you smell gas, think you have a gas leak, or are worried that fumes containing carbon monoxide are escaping from a gas appliance, please call the free Gas Emergency Services emergency line immediately on 0800 111 999.

Also;

  • Open all doors and windows to ventilate the property.
  • Do not turn on/off any naked electrical switches.
  • Extinguish all naked flames, do not smoke, strike matches or do anything which could
  • cause ignition.
  • If there are any electrical security entry phones/locks, please open door manually